LilySlim Diet days tickers

Poor baby

Poor baby
Lucy's first breathing treatment

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

What!?!, its not Family Home Jesus

Its always amazing how a child's mind works but more importantly its always funny what a child says. Let me share with you something Emily said last night, Monday night, Family Home Evening night.

When I got home, we had turned the music on and Emily was showing off all her wild dance moves (in fact, Steph was also showing off some of her moves). Then she had to sit down and do some homework while Steph and I were working on dinner. She then said, very excitedly, "Oh, I know what we can do for Family Home Evening! We could turn on the music and we could all dance. I mean, we're a Family, we're in our Home, and we do it tonight. We're not breaking any rules. We don't always have to do something about Jesus." I was just smiling at her out of amusement but she must have interpretted it differently because she defended her idea to the next level, "What? Its not called Family Home Jesus."

3 comments:

Shirley said...

I love that girl and her logic! Give her a big hug from us!

The Shane's said...

Emily is awesome! If you ask Emma, it's called "Heavenly Home Evening"! But if you have ever been to our house for FHE, you KNOW better! It's quick! Get the lesson in and do something fun before they revolt! I hope it gets easier!

the wyllie's said...

It's true. You are spending time together as a family. Isn't that what it's all about?